Are you wondering how you can help out during the SEO process of your website building?
Here are a few tips from our SEO specialists at Running Robots to give you some ideas of what you can do on your end to better your SEO, and how to get your content posted at the right time in front of the right viewers?
Start to Utilize Your Keyword List
- At Running Robots, we provide our clients a Keyword Chart to help them as they write their content for their website. Our SEO specialists perform research to decide what keywords will draw more traction to your site. Utilizing these words will improve the amount of views you have on your site by researching the words most viewers are looking for.
- Pay attention to what keywords are included in your headings, subheadings, and copy
Build Backlinks (SEM Rush)
- What’s a backlink?
- A backlink is a link from another site or page that links to your website
- Examples: linking your social media accounts to your website, if you have content on The Better Business Bureau you could link that website to your website, etc.
- Pro tip #1: Do not pay for backlinks because Google will flag them
- Pro tip #2: Make sure your backlinks relate to your industry. If you are a home goods website, don’t create a backlink to your website from a hair care website ( okay, that’s a little extreme, but you get the point 😉 )
Work on Blog Posts or Strongly Consider Creating a Blog
- This creates a sense of authority for your company and also creates a path of traction to your website.
- Pro tip #1: Post on your social media when you publish a blog on your website. This will create traction to your site and socials.
Have Your Employees Add a Link to Your Website on Their LinkedIn Page
- This is completely optional, but with your employee’s permissions, suggest having them add their “place of work” to their LinkedIn profile to increase your company’s presence online.
Use Smaller Images
- For our clients, when adding images in SlickPlan during the content gathering phase of your process, adding smaller images will increase your page speed.
- Adding smaller images to your website will overall increase your page speed which is important when you only have a couple seconds to grab viewers’ attention.
Organize Your Photos
- When gathering images for your website it is helpful to organize your images because, it makes implementing alt-tags faster and more accurate, and improves user experience.
- Organize your images by…
- Gathering the photos that will be on your website and organizing them into what pages you think they should be on (your SEO specialist will have an idea of what you want, but will research what content will work best where and make adjustments).
- Writing down the purpose of each image so your SEO specialists can get a better idea of the importance and reasoning behind each image. This will especially help out your SEO Specialists.
To get to know our SEO Bots here at Running Robots, click their pictures for more information!